Header Ads

Ads

Sergio Aguero reveals what he said to Lionel Messi when he learned that he was leaving Barcelona

Aguero joins as Messi departs

This summer saw free agents aplenty.

Sergio Aguero was among the first to sign for a new club, joining Barcelona after a decade spent in the sky blue of Manchester City, during which time he had notched up 184 Premier League goals and won every major honour except the Champions League.

However, one thing that he nor Barcelona counted on was the departure of club legend and one of the greatest to ever play, Lionel Messi. It emerged that Aguero’s national teammate could not be added to the squad due to financial constraints, with Messi subsequently joining PSG on a free transfer.

Asked by Spanish outlet El Pais if he regretted joining Barcelona in the wake of Messi’s departure, Aguero revealed that although he expected to play with Messi, he still would have joined regardless. The Argentine claimed:

I arrived with the expectation of playing with Leo and that a good team would be put together, which was what the club tried to do. When they called me, I thought: “I don’t care what they pay me. I’m feeling good and I’m going to help the team as much as I can”

Aguero talks esports

Bizarrely, Aguero recounts that when he visited Messi before his departure for Paris, it was esports that dominated the understandably one-sided conversation, detailing:

It was a moment of shock. He was very bad. When I found out I couldn’t believe it. That Saturday I went to see him at his house. And, because of my personality, since I couldn’t see it well, I tried to make him forget what had happened. I saw that he was half off and was trying to distract him. I was telling him about my Esports team and the things we were doing.

Sergio Aguero reveals what he said to Lionel Messi when he learned that he was leaving Barcelona

BEIJING – AUGUST 23: Argentinian forwards Lionel Messi (L) and Sergio Aguero gold medal pose during the men’s Olympic football tournament medal ceremony at the national stadium in Beijing  (Photo by Koji Watanabe/Getty Images).

With Aguero now fit and firing, having scored in a behind-closed-doors friendly earlier this week, there is a lot of pressure on the Argentine to fire Barcelona back towards where they belong.

Will he be able to rise to it?

Read more:

Manchester City forward ruled out for a month with a broken foot

‘You lost Messi? We never had Messi’; Diego Simeone takes aim at struggling rivals Barcelona

ليست هناك تعليقات

يتم التشغيل بواسطة Blogger.