Header Ads

Ads

Arsenal’s Emile Smith Rowe outlines the big changes he made to help improve his game

Arsenal midfielder Emile Smith Rowe has opened up on the changes he has made that have taken his game to the next level.

Smith Rowe impressing with Arsenal

Arsenal are in the midst of a superb spell of form that has seen them win six and draw two of their last eight Premier League outings.

Such fine form has seen them move up to 5th in the table and to within just two points of Liverpool, who they face in their next game week.

As well as a sturdy defence, a key part of Arsenal’s improved form of late has been Emile Smith Rowe.

The midfielder was one of Arsenal’s brighter sparks last season, but probably did not provide as many goal contributions as he should have.

However, Smith Rowe has now scored four goals and provided two assists in his last six league outings, with his latest striker securing Arsenal a 1-0 win against Watford:


The changes Smith Rowe made

Now Smith Rowe, who has earned his first call-up to Gareth Southgate’s side this month, has opened up on the changes in his life that have led to his game improving.

And the main changes have been that Smith Rowe is now listening and has changed his diet to cut out a lot of the junk food:

“Arsenal are strict but I didn’t really listen, to be honest. I think that’s where I went wrong. Now I’m listening all the time.”

On what his guilty pleasures have been, the midfielder continued:

“Chocolate … I like Nando’s a lot – maybe that’s killing me a little bit,” he says, with a smile. “I’ve tried to cut out chocolate and takeaways as much as I can.

“The club have sorted me out with a chef. His name is Chris and he comes to my house every day. I live with my mum and she normally cooks but she doesn’t have to any more. Chris cooks for me and her.

“With hydration, there’s loads of stuff we should be taking before a game and, yeah, before I was a bit too lazy.”

Quotes via The Guardian.

Arsene Wenger reveals how close Arsenal came to signing Lionel Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo

The latest on fitness of Arsenal duo Thomas Partey & Kieran Tierney

 

ليست هناك تعليقات

يتم التشغيل بواسطة Blogger.