Header Ads

Ads

Serge Aurier appears to suggest Arsenal tried to sign him in message to Tottenham fans

Aurier leaves Tottenham

Serge Aurier would sign for Tottenham in the summer of 2017, departing PSG at the time.

Aurier would go on to notch 110 appearances across all competitions for the Lilywhites, scoring eight and assisting 17 in the process.

Aurier was a fairly divisive figure during his time in north London, with some moments of brilliance quickly glossed over due to his often erratic defending.

And, when Emerson Royal signed for Spurs in August, the club, who also had Matt Doherty and Japheth Tanganga as right-back options, opted to terminate the Ivorian’s contract:

‘I did not see myself joining the enemy’

Aurier had since been without a club until he signed for Unai Emery’s Villarreal earlier this week.

After signing for the Spanish outfit, Aurier would pen a message to Spurs fans on Instagram, in which he thanked them for four wonderful seasons.

 

First of all, I want to thank all the spurs fans for these four wonderful seasons by your side. They were all different but I leave with some great memories. I had a lot of fun playing wearing your colors proudly. It is true that everything was not perfect, there were moments of joy and sadness but know one thing, I have always played by investing 100%, without cheating! 

Then, in the same message, Aurier appeared to suggested Arsenal had tried to sign him, writing that he had never seen himself in another club in England, and that he did not see himself joining ‘the enemy’, which, reading between the lines, does seem to be Tottenham’s bitter rivals, Arsenal:

I have never seen myself in another club in England if not at your place! And I did not see myself joining the enemy even less because I have too much respect for our club, for our history and for all our moments shared together. You have shown unfailing support during these four seasons and I really want to thank you because you have given me a lot! These last months have not been easy and I would have liked to say goodbye to you in better conditions, but each story comes to an end, you have to know how to accept it and move forward.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by El Jefe 🦧 (@sergeaurier)

Italy vs Spain betting tips: Nations League semi-final preview, predictions and odds

Belgium vs France betting tips: Nations League semi-final preview, predictions and odds

 

ليست هناك تعليقات

يتم التشغيل بواسطة Blogger.