Header Ads

Ads

Neymar sets his retirement date ahead of the 2022 World Cup

Neymar’s Brazil stint

Neymar has been an integral part of Brazil’s side since he made his debut in 2010, racking up an impressive 113 appearances for the Selecao.

During that time, he has found the back of the net a very respectable 69 goals for his country, as well as providing a further 49 assists for his teammates, meaning that he has contributed to more than a goal every game.

Neymar sets his retirement date ahead of the 2022 World Cup

TOPSHOT – Paris Saint-Germain’s Brazilian forward Neymar celebrates with the trophy after winning the French Cup final football match between Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) and Saint-Etienne (ASSE) on July 24, 2020, at the Stade de France in Saint-Denis, outside Paris. (Photo by GEOFFROY VAN DER HASSELT / AFP) (Photo by GEOFFROY VAN DER HASSELT/AFP via Getty Images)

He has been equally clinical for club side Paris Saint Germain too, scoring 88 goals in 123 appearances for the Ligue 1 outfit, although for much of his career he has been forced to play second fiddle to Lionel Messi at PSG and Kylian Mbappe at PSG respectively.

Neymar set to hang up his boots

However, Neymar’s career could be set to come to an abrupt end, at least on the international stage. In an exclusive interview with DAZN, the Brazilian Icon revealed:

“I think it’s my last World Cup. I see it as my last because I don’t know if I have the strength of mind to deal with football anymore.

So I’ll do everything to turn up well, do everything to win with my country. To realise my greatest dream since I was little, and I hope I can do it”

Should Neymar ultimately hang up his boots, it will be seen as a brilliant career, but one consistently overshadowed by the sheer jaw-dropping longevity and talent of Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, who he was never quite able to match.

Read more:

Tottenham reportedly target Pape Sarr’s Metz teammate

PSG chief slams Real Madrid over Mbappe pursuit: ‘They must be punished’

ليست هناك تعليقات

يتم التشغيل بواسطة Blogger.