Header Ads

Ads

Is Dani Alves set to make a shock return to Barcelona?

Dani Alves’ Barca stint

Brazilian full-back Dani Alves is already the most decorated player in history, having added Olympic gold in the summer to his trophy cabinet, and taking his major honours tally to 43.

The defender spent 8 years with Barcelona, between stints at Sevilla and Juventus, during which time he cemented himself as one of the best full-backs in the world, in a team that won virtually everything during his stay in Spain.

Is Dani Alves set to make a shock return to Barcelona?

BARCELONA, SPAIN – APRIL 21: Neymar of Barcelona celebrates with Daniel Alves (front) (Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images)

Is a return on the cards?

From the Brazilian’s side, a move back to Catalonia is certainly one that he would be open to, and one he believes that the Blaugrana should definitely explore. Speaking to Spanish outlet Sport.es, the right-back revealed:

It would sound very opportunistic to say that Barca need me now. I always said that I left because I saw things were not the way I thought they should be.

“You never want to see everything that [has] ended up happening since I left. I’ve said that when Barca need me and want me, I would be at their disposal regardless of where I am.

“The affection, love and respect I have for this club is too much.

“If Barca think they need me, they just have to call me. I still think I can contribute anywhere, but more at Barca because of the number of young players that they have now.”

With a contract renewal for current right-back Sergi Roberto stalling, and Sergino Dest the only current alternative, could a shock move for the Brazilian full-back be on the cards at the Camp Nou. Alves would certainly inject more Barcelona DNA back into the club, but can he still cut it at the top level?

Read more:

He does it on purpose’: Lionel Messi takes aim at referee after Argentina’s win over Peru

 ‘This isn’t real’ – Man United fans left baffled by Fred’s moment of magic vs Uruguay

ليست هناك تعليقات

يتم التشغيل بواسطة Blogger.