Watch: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp walks out of interview after question from ‘not a nice person’
Atletico Madrid 2-Liverpool 3
Liverpool extended their unbeaten start to the 2021/22 season on Tuesday evening.
The Reds would face off with Atletico Madrid in a Champions League clash, picking up a huge 3-2 win in the process.
A Mohamed Salah brace either side of a stunning Naby Keita volley ensured that Antoine Griezmann’s brace in the first 45 was not enough to earn Atletico a point.
WOW! 💥
Naby Keita with a rocket of a volley! 🚀
Liverpool are dominating early on against Atletico as they take a two-goal lead inside the first 15 minutes! pic.twitter.com/Nwi8xtDycz
— Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) October 19, 2021
Klopp walks out of interview
The game itself was an enthralling affair which saw Griezmann sent off for a high foot and Atletico have a penalty taken away following a VAR check.
It was scenes post-match, however, which have since begun to take the limelight following the game.
At the full-time whilst, Diego Simeone ran straight down the tunnel, ignoring Jurgen Klopp’s attempts at a handshake:
No handshake between Simeone and Klopp as the Reds edge Atletico in a five-goal thriller! 😮💨
FT: Atletico 2-3 Liverpool pic.twitter.com/V4yYMxCPfr
— Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) October 19, 2021
Following the game, Klopp cleared up the issue in a fairly calm manner when speaking to BT Sport.
However, Klopp was then asked about being angry post-match by a Spanish journalist, to which he replied:
“Why was I angry?”
The journalist then went on to mention the Simeone handshake incident, which Klopp seemingly didn’t take too kindly too, responding:
“Come on I’m not such an idiot…I was not angry at all, have a look. You want to make a story of that, I can imagine. I want to shake his hand he doesn’t want it in that moment. I can understand that he was running inside he’s emotional, I’m emotional and you are not a nice person because you want to make a story of that. You said I’m angry. When was I angry? I’m now angry because of your question.”
Beware an angry Klopp 😡
Stan Sport, the Home of UEFA Champions League.#StanSportAU | #UCL | #ATLLIV pic.twitter.com/25zFBuh4uC
— Stan Sport Football (@StanSportFC) October 19, 2021
Chelsea vs Malmö betting tips: Champions League preview, predictions and odds
Spartak Moscow vs Leicester City betting tips: Europa League preview, predictions and odds

التعليقات على الموضوع