Header Ads

Ads

'Greek Scouser' Kostas Tsimikas reflects on time at Liverpool

Tsimikas opens up on time at Liverpool

Liverpool left-back Konstantinos Tsimikas has opened up about his time at Anfield today after speaking with the club’s official website.

The Greek international defender and former Olympiacos standout moved to Merseyside in the summer of 2020, having made just six-appearances since his ~£12million move from Erythrolefki which made him only the second Greek to ever feature for Liverpool along with Sotirios Kyrgiakos.

Liverpool defender Konstantinos Tsimikas speaks on time at Anfield; loves being called ‘Greek Scouser’

LONDON, ENGLAND – FEBRUARY 27: (BILD ZEITUNG OUT) Kostas Tsimikas of Olympiacos FC looks on during the UEFA Europa League round of 32 second leg match between Arsenal FC and Olympiacos FC at Emirates Stadium on February 27, 2020 in London, United Kingdom. (Photo by Roland Krivec/DeFodi Images via Getty Images)

Tsimikas was raised in a family of Liverpool supporters, and the Thessaloniki-native spoke on the feeling of making their dreams come through via his achievement;

“It was one of my biggest dreams to play in a big club and it was Liverpool, because my family were big supporters of Liverpool since I was young – my brother and my father. And I make their dream come true. I’m double happy.”

Now capped 13-times by Greece since 2018, the former Greek Footballer of the Year (2019-20) also spoke on the surprise of many given the nature of his move to Anfield given the massive jump given the differences between the Greek Super League and the Premier League;

“It was a surprise to every guy in Greece because moving to Liverpool is a very, very big step. Some couldn’t imagine it was real. I am very happy and very proud because all this work I did all these years, it paid off.”

‘Greek Scouser’ nickname and a commitment to be prepared

There are few more passionate and focal grounds than Anfield, thanks to the wildly devoted fanbase that Liverpool proudly boasts in one of the hardest stadiums to play in anywhere in Europe.

But for Kostas Tsimikas, the nickname bestowed upon him by the Anfield faithful is a source of strength and happiness.

Additionally, Tsimikas commented on the nature of his commitment to always be prepared to show boss Jürgen Klopp what he can do;

“One of the biggest dreams of mine is to win trophies with this team. Always I speak to the manager just to make sure in my mind what he wants from me. I worked hard during pre-preparations in my hometown to come as fit as I can here.

To train and to be ready for what the manager wants and be ready if he gave me my opportunity and chance to improve myself and show what I can do on the pitch.”

Though he remains firmly behind Andrew Robertson for the starting left-back birth at the club, Tsimikas certainly does not seem unhappy in the red half of Merseyside.

ليست هناك تعليقات

يتم التشغيل بواسطة Blogger.